Thursday, 19 December 2013

Cupcakes At Carringtons - Alexandra Brown - Review

Cupcakes At Carringtons - Alexandra Brown

I tell you the truth bloggers, in the first page I thought maybe I wouldn't want to read it, because it seemed like it'd be just a fluffy gossip read. But I decided to give it a go and five pages later I had completely forgotten my first thought, and I really got into it.

This book is about Georgie, who loves her job as a sales clerk in a department store. But Georgie is stressed about money, and then it gets worse as she gets stressed about her job, stressed about her co-workers and stressed about her boss - not to mention her love life and that wealthy socialite who keeps leering at her.

I really found myself liking Georgie more and more the further I got into the book. Despite being a luxury handbag saleswoman, Georgie is not shallow or stupid and that appealed to me. Even though she makes some stupid decisions, it just makes her more human. She is a kind and caring friend who wants to do what's right by the people she knows.

The title is a bit out of place because the book's main theme is not really cakes or caf├ęs. The ending was very satisfying because the pace sped up, there was suspense, and there were several huge twists I never expected.

I would recommend this book with 4/5 stars.

Buy Link: Alexandra Brown - Cupcakes at Carringtons

No comments:

Post a Comment